For the past 30 years, Mr. Robbins has worked exclusively in the area of divorce and family law. During his career, he has built a reputation for zealously representing his clients and obtaining outstanding results.
He believes that every client deserves individual attention and the best representation possible. Based upon this philosophy, he has developed a successful family law practice built on referrals from existing clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, expert witnesses and members of the court.
He recognizes the emotional trauma and pain that individuals suffer when going through a divorce. As a result, he offers his clients the time and experience necessary to guide them through one of the most difficult experiences in their lives.
In every case, he first attempts to bring about a quick, civilized, fair and inexpensive resolution. If that cannot be accomplished, however, he offers aggressive, professional representation in the greater metropolitan Detroit area, including Oakland, Wayne, Macomb, Genesee, Washtenaw and Livingston counties.
During his career, he has been extensively involved in several professional associations and other ventures dedicated to improving the standards and advancing the cause of matrimonial law. In this capacity, he has been honored, recognized and participated in the following:
- Past chairman of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Past president of the Michigan Inter-Professional Association
- Past president of the Michigan chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Expert witness, mediator and arbitrator
- Lecturer and author on various topics relevant to divorce and family law
- Guest appearances on television programs such as “Good Morning America,” the “Today” show and “CBS This Morning” as well as other notable local and national television and radio appearances
- Voted one of the top family attorneys in Michigan by Super Lawyers 2006-present
- Named to Best Lawyers in America in Family Law
- Named Top 100 Lawyers in Michigan by the New York Times
- Named Top 100 Lawyers in Michigan by Super Lawyers
- Named top Lawyers in Family Law by DB Business
- Showcased in Newsweek as one of the Eight Leaders in Family Law in the United States
With over 30 years of experience exclusively in the area of divorce and family law, he has built a solid reputation as an expert and advocate in this most difficult field. He is confident that he can provide your referrals with the individual attention they deserve along with the best representation possible. He also takes referring attorneys’ faith and confidence in his abilities as the highest form of compliment and will do everything within his power to protect their clients and those relationships, along with keeping them up to date regarding the progress of their clients’ cases.
Please feel free to contact him to discuss any potential referral or to answer any of your divorce/family law questions.