Michigan Spousal And Child Support Lawyer – Phone: 248-646-7980
Attorney Michael A. Robbins assists clients with matters related to spousal support (also called alimony). Unlike child support, spousal support calculations are based on several factors. There is no formula. Considerations include:
- The past relations and conduct of the parties
- The length of the marriage
- The ability of the parties to work
- The source and amount of property awarded to the parties
- The age of the parties
- The ability of the parties to pay alimony
- The present situation of the parties
- The needs of the parties
- The health of the parties
- The parties’ prior standard of living and whether either is responsible for the support of others
Spousal support can be temporary or permanent. If temporary, the court order may include provisions for renewal or support may end altogether at a predetermined date. Attorney Robbins can advise you on such matters.
To learn how spousal support orders will impact you, call us at 248-646-7980 for an initial consultation, or fill out our intake form on our Contact page. Located in Bloomfield Hills, Mr. Robbins accepts cases in the Tri-County area of Oakland, Wayne and Macomb counties and throughout the state.